Save the Date so you don’t miss CapeAbilities' biggest fundraiser of the year!
We are thrilled to participate in this year’s new and exciting 2015 Cape Abilities HarborWalk Fun Run on Saturday May 9th, at Aselton Park in Hyannis, from 9am-1pm!
Hundreds of people from all walks of life in the Cape Cod community are participating in this family-friendly event that begins and ends at beautiful Asleton Park, as supporters of Cape Abilities enjoy a beautiful 2.2 mile walk or run along scenic Hyannis Harbor. After the Walk/Fun Run, Aselton Park will be alive with entertainment, games, food samplings, music and the opportunity to visit with and learn more about Cape Abilities and other business and organizations who support individuals with disabilities on Cape Cod. Bring the whole family and join many of the 350 individuals supported by Cape Abilities!
- Families can register four individuals for $40, and receive four official 2015 Harbor Walk Fun Run t-shirts on the day of the event|
- Single registrants can register for $25 and will also receive an official event t-shirt on the day of the event
- Registration on May 9th begins at 9am; the Walk/Fun Run starts at 10am
Every dollar you raise changes the lives of the people we serve. For example, your gift will help provide:
- Horse Therapy sessions that train our participants to ride, groom and care for horses and improve their self-esteem, dexterity, memory function and general wellness
- Music and Art Therapy sessions strengthen their artistic side, leading to a fuller, enriched life
- Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapy sessions train our participants to live more independently within their communities, work places and homes
THIS IS WHY WE WALK!
This amazing event is a beautiful testimony of neighbors caring for neighbors – it brings together parents, children, students and businesses from the Cape Cod community, who walk side-by-side with our agency’s participants, staff, families, and friends to support Cape Abilities. Thousands of dollars are raised as a result, and those much-needed funds help support the programs that assist individuals with disabilities that we serve right here on Cape Cod.
The opposite of disability is ABILITY, and this year’s HarborWalk Fun Run brings out the greatest ability in all of us: that of helping and caring for our neighbors no matter what our means or challenges. Even if you are unable to participate in the Walk itself, your donations will help our participants obtain employment, receive vocational training and enjoy safe and clean residential assistance.
For fundraising help, tips or ideas, we are here to support you! Give us a call at 508-778-5040 x412 or email Connie Blake at email@example.com