Cape Abilities Conversation
Fitzy sits down with Cape Abilities Executive Director, Rosalie Edes, to discuss the plethora of services that Cape Abilities offers Cape Cod.
Some interesting numbers:
- $.90 of every dollar goes to programming
- Cape Abilities serves residents with Intellectual, Developmental, and Acquired Disabilities
- This year is Cape Abilities 50th Anniversary
- Cape Abilities provides Residential Services with 14 homes and, in combination with the FORWARD Organization in Dennis, will be building two more homes with eight more beds for people on the Autism Spectrum.
- Cape Abilities also provides Day, Therapeutic, and Employment services through three of their own Social Enterprises (The Farm, The Chatham Farm to Table Store, and The NEW Cape Abilities Thrift Store in West Yarmouth) to train and prepare clients for the job market.
- Cape Abilities works with 85 Community Businesses throughout Cape Cod to place clients in employment positions
- Therapeutic day habilitation programs include music, horse, art, cooking, farming, and more to help with issues like physical therapy, speech therapy, etc.
- Cape Abilities Serves over 420 clients on Cape with over 350 in day services
- 85 Vans, 27 Drivers transporting Clients all over Cape Cod
Thank you for all your support!